Frequently Asked Questions

When is City Hall open and where is it located?

9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. It is located at 815 Fourth Street, next to the Police Department, north of the post office.

When is the pool open?

The pool season usually begins in June and it is open Monday through Saturday from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Family Nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30pm – 9:00pm. For more information call the Recreation Department at (530) 865-1630 or the pool during operating hours (530) 865-1631.

How do I set up water/sewer service for my residence?

The City provides water & sewer services to residences (minimum $63.31 for water and $61.61 for sewer every two months) within the City limits. If you are the owner of the residence, call (530) 865-1600 to set up your account. Accounts can only be placed in the property owner’s name.

Some properties that are outside the city limits are served by city services. (Minimum $126.63 for water and $123.22 for sewer every two months).

Customers are allotted 15,000 gallons of water every two months before an overage charge occurs.

How do I pay for my water/sewer service?

The City accepts cash, checks or money orders. Some customers set up auto payments with their banks. Your payment can be mailed to 815 Fourth Street, Orland CA 95963, hand delivered to the same address and on-line (for a fee) at GovTeller . If you are paying on-line and do not have your bill, you can call (530) 865-1600, 9:00AM to 5:00PM Monday-Friday, to find out your account number and amount due.

What other utilities are present?

For garbage service – Waste Management – (530) 865-4712

For gas/electric – P.G.&E. 800-743-5000

For natural gas – Ambit Energy:

For phone service – AT&T 800-675-9005

For cable and/or internet service – ComCast (530) 865-5308 or 800-266-2278; Exede Satellite Internet ; AT&T ; Direct TV : or Allconnect Spanish the toll-free number is: 1-877-798-6070; Dish TV: or HughesNet: , Frontier Communications; A comprehensive guide covering satellite internet, including speeds, providers, and prices has been made available by DecisionData.

(Additional utility providers may exist which have not yet identified themselves to the City of Orland)

I have grass and brush clippings that I need to dispose of, what can I do with them?

The City’s green waste dump site has been closed. Your greenwaste can be taken to the Glenn County Solid Waste Disposal Site at County Road 33, Artois.

What are the hours of operation for the Orland Free Library and where is it located?

The library, 333 Mill Street, is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:00AM to 6:00PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00AM to 7:00PM and Saturday from 11:00AM to 3:00PM. Their phone number is (530) 865-1640.

When and where are City Council meetings held?

The Council meets twice a month for their regular meetings on the first and third Tuesdays at 6:30pm. Their meetings are held at the Carnegie Center, 912 Third Street, Orland.

How do I file a complaint about something within the City Limits?

If you have a complaint about something you think should be taken care of within the City limits, you can come into City Hall and ask for a  complaint form or call (530) 865-1600. You can remain anonymous or leave a name and phone number where you can be reached regarding the complaint. The form, when completed, is turned in to the City Manager for review. If you find a pothole or other condition problem on State Route 32/Walker Street, contact CalTrans and submit a maintenance service request.

What County is Orland in and where is the County seat?

Orland is located in Glenn County. The County seat is located in Willows, 15 miles to the south.

Can I get a marriage license in Orland?

You can get a marriage license at the County of Glenn Clerk-Recorder’s office in Willows at 526 W. Sycamore Street.

Where are the nearest Social Security Administration offices?

How do I find out what non-profit organizations are active in Orland?

City Hall keeps an up to date list on non-profit organizations and if possible, a contact number for more information. Call (530) 865-1610. Or view list here